Monday, February 23, 2015

A new path...

Three years ago I started this journey to become a teacher not knowing what it would really be like or how I would find it. Today, I now share a class of 60 amazing students who I get to spend the year unleashing potential and success in each one of them. I have had such an amazing teacher training at Laidlaw College in New Zealand. I look back and see how significantly I have changed and developed as a person and as a teacher in these past three years. 

I am now extremely blessed to begin my first teaching job at Point England School in Auckland, New Zealand. It is an amazing school which has a big heart for it's community and students. Being a decile one school with mostly Pacific Island and Maori students it has fought to give their students an education that is innovative, modern and excellent. These students are often 'last' in society but are now equipped with an education that is innovative, modern, digital and leading the way in society. Therefore enabling these students to achieve great success and be enabled to achieve in this world. 

As I reflect on my upcoming year I am excited for what will come and all that I will learn and grow throughout the year. I know that my teaching practice will change and develop significantly but that this is to be expected and prepared for. Throughout this year I will seek to become a teacher that everyday provides all my students with a positive success in social and academic excellence. Everyday I hope to provide an environment where learning is enjoyable, strived for and achieved. 

I know that teaching is such a privilege, yet a deep responsibility. And I know that the journey ahead will be one of many long hard hours filled with tears and laughs, but also one that I look forward to with great anticipation. 


1 comment:

  1. We are blessed to have you Ben. Welcome to the Pt England team!
    Looking forward to following your journey this year as you inquire into your practice.

    ReplyDelete